- Law Degree, Portuguese Catholic University – Law School (1991)
- Post-Graduation in Communication Law, Coimbra University
- Portuguese Bar Association (Ordem dos Advogados) member since 1994 (C.D.114M)
- Speaks: [French]
With a portfolio of national and foreign clients, DCS provides advice and representation in the areas of civil litigation, commercial, administrative, criminal, labour, administrative, debt recovery, insolvency and business recovery.
- Divorce, legal separation;
- The exercise of parental responsibilities and the promotion and minor protection;
- Contractual and non-contractual civil liability claims, related in particular to automobile accidents, contracts, supply contracts for goods and services, corporate disputes;
- Credit recovery in the executive level and in insolvency proceedings;
- Insolvency and business recovery;
- Advice and representation of employers and employees in employment litigation;
- Actions of criminal responsibility and offences;
- Litigation in the areas of Administrative Law and Taxation related with the construction, environment, cultural heritage, licensing of public and private works, graceful and contentious disputes over taxes.
The demands of the knowledge society have been creating intervention needs in the areas of industrial, intellectual property and copyright, representing a challenge to that DCS has been giving answer.
- In the register of trademarks and patents;
- Conflict resolution;
- Drafting of copyright contracts and/or related rights.
The labour law accompanies the DCS since its Foundation, within the employers ‘ representation, or the workers, highlighting in particular the individual and collective bargaining and labour disciplinary law. The intervention of DCS focus on these aspects:
- Negotiation and elaboration of individual and collective work contracts;
- Elaboration of internal regulations and companies organigrams;
- Advice on termination of employment contracts;
- Development of disciplinary proceedings;
- Representation and advice to employers and employees in labour disputes.
In the framework of public law the DCS has been extending its area of intervention, advising and representing public and private clients in the areas of administrative law, taxation, social security, civil service, environment and cultural heritage.
- Licensing of industrial activities, construction and tourism;
- Instruction on procedures leading to granting of benefits and tax exemptions;
- Subsidies to activities;
- Declaration and payment of taxes arising from acts of transfer of rights to movable and immovable property, and the associated complaints and appeals;
- Administrative and judicial procedures for the recognition of rights under Social Security and Caixa Geral de Aposentações, in particular relating to de facto unions, pensions, invalidity and survival;
- Public procurement, in particular in the areas of service provision, contracts and concessions of public services and spaces.
- Litigation in the areas of administrative law and taxation, related with the construction, environment, cultural heritage, public works and private licensing and graceful and contentious tax dispute.
Banking and Insurance Law
In this context the DCS provides, in particular, private customers advice in contractual relations with banks, financial and insurance companies.
- Resolution of disputes arising from credit agreements and renegotiation of banking operations;
- Resolution of disputes arising from insurance contracts, in particular, conditions of validity, scope of coverage and participation of claims;
- Litigation (see intervention Area: litigation).
WRITE TO DULCE DUQUE
[contact-form-7 id=”198″ title=”DULCE”]