Law Degree, Coimbra University (1991)
Portuguese Bar Association (Ordem dos Advogados) member since 1994 (C.D.3100C)
Member of Madeira Council of Portuguese Bar Association for Studies and Legislation Comission
- Speaks: [Espanhol]
With a portfolio of national and foreign clients, DCS provides advice and representation in the areas of civil litigation, commercial, administrative, criminal, labour, administrative, debt recovery, insolvency and business recovery.
- Divorce, legal separation;
- The exercise of parental responsibilities and the promotion and minor protection;
- Contractual and non-contractual civil liability claims, related in particular to automobile accidents, contracts, supply contracts for goods and services, corporate disputes;
- Credit recovery in the executive level and in insolvency proceedings;
- Insolvency and business recovery;
- Advice and representation of employers and employees in employment litigation;
- Actions of criminal responsibility and offences;
- Litigation in the areas of Administrative Law and Taxation related with the construction, environment, cultural heritage, licensing of public and private works, graceful and contentious disputes over taxes.
The labour law accompanies the DCS since its Foundation, within the employers ‘ representation, or the workers, highlighting in particular the individual and collective bargaining and labour disciplinary law. The intervention of DCS focus on these aspects:
- Negotiation and elaboration of individual and collective work contracts;
- Elaboration of internal regulations and companies organigrams;
- Advice on termination of employment contracts;
- Development of disciplinary proceedings;
- Representation and advice to employers and employees in labour disputes.
In the framework of public law the DCS has been extending its area of intervention, advising and representing public and private clients in the areas of administrative law, taxation, social security, civil service, environment and cultural heritage.
- Licensing of industrial activities, construction and tourism;
- Instruction on procedures leading to granting of benefits and tax exemptions;
- Subsidies to activities;
- Declaration and payment of taxes arising from acts of transfer of rights to movable and immovable property, and the associated complaints and appeals;
- Administrative and judicial procedures for the recognition of rights under Social Security and Caixa Geral de Aposentações, in particular relating to de facto unions, pensions, invalidity and survival;
- Public procurement, in particular in the areas of service provision, contracts and concessions of public services and spaces.
- Litigation in the areas of administrative law and taxation, related with the construction, environment, cultural heritage, public works and private licensing and graceful and contentious tax dispute.
Real Estate Law
DCS has focused its action on real estate law in areas such as civil construction, real estate financing and investment operations, use and management of real estate and tourist investment operations. In this context the DCS has developed its area of action.
- Titration of the Constitution, transmission and encumbrance of immovable property, in particular, the Constitution of horizontal property, contracts of purchase and sale, donation, sharing, Division of common property and preliminary contracts to these as the promissory contract, preference pact and right of option;
- Tax planning inherent in the ownership of real property;
- Registration of the facts and instruments subject to the land register;
- Preparation of all the constituent documents of tourist facilities, including constitutive title and projects management regulation with plural property, as well as their management and operations contracts;
- Implementation of tourism operations under the fractionals regime; creation of temporary products of accommodation to units of tourism development, in particular, tourist housing rights, timeshare housing, shares in companies owning with special right of use, ownership and use of regulation associated;
- Licensing of tourist facilities, assignment of processes of educational tourism utility;
- Negotiation, elaboration and review of contracts;
- Advice and negotiation of financing and real estate investment operations;
- Assistance in the negotiation and conclusion of contracts, namely real estate management, residential, commercial and tourist rentals.
- The acts listed above involving the titration of real property are made by DCS under One Stop Shop.
Corporate and Commercial Law
The corporate sector of the autonomous region of Madeira has always been targeted for special attention by the DCS, having entered into partnerships with the two largest regional associations in the sector, this being its primal focus.The intervention of DCS focuses especially in the context of Corporate Governance, acquisitions, mergers, demergers and corporate transformations, agency contracts, distribution, franchising, outsourcing, consortia and partnerships.
Advice on management, interorganic relationship and corporate restructuring, in particular, increase and reduction of capital and shareholder agreements;
Negotiation and elaboration of fusion projects, division and corporate transformation;
Titration of the constitution, transformation, merger, dissolution of commercial companies and transfers of shares
Tax planning inherent in corporate Dynamics;
Representation in corporate acquisitions;
Prevention and diagnosis of pre-contentious corporate situations;
Elaboration of business recovery projects;
Negotiation and elaboration of Agency, distribution, franchising, outsourcing, Consortium and partnership contracts;
Realization of supply contracts, additional services and other acts of corporate capitalization;
Registration of facts and acts subjected to commercial registration.
The above acts involving titration of acts subject to registration are made by DCS in the context of One Stop Shop.
Banking and Insurance Law
In this context the DCS provides, in particular, private customers advice in contractual relations with banks, financial and insurance companies.
- Resolution of disputes arising from credit agreements and renegotiation of banking operations;
- Resolution of disputes arising from insurance contracts, in particular, conditions of validity, scope of coverage and participation of claims;
- Litigation (see intervention Area: litigation).
WRITE TO CLARA CONDE